What: Boca Chamber Festival Days events Aug. 14 through 21.
Festival Days are events through August coordinated by the Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce that pair nonprofits with the business community to raise funds and visibility. Tickets are sold through each nonprofit. The events are in Boca Raton and are open to the public.
• “Best of Florida,” to benefit Boca Museum of Art, 5:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday Aug. 14, Boca Museum of Art, 501 Plaza Real, north Mizner Park. Cocktails by Potions as in Motion and light hors d’oeuvres by Esperanza Catering at Boca Helping Hands. Music by Jimmy Stowe and the Stowaways. Tickets $15 advance; $20 door at www.bocamuseum.org or 561-392-2500, ext. 208.
• “Taste of Royal Palm Place,” to benefit Junior League of Boca Raton Woman Volunteer of the Year Luncheon, 6 to 9 p.m. Friday Aug. 15, Royal Palm Place, 101 Plaza Real. Drinks, light bites at participating restaurants. Tickets $25 advance; $35 door at https://www.jlbr.org/ecommerce/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=14&cat=Tickets or 561-620-2553.
• “Boca’s Ballroom Battle,” to benefit George Snow Scholarship Fund, 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday Aug. 16, Boca Raton Resort & Club. Eight community leaders compete in Boca’s version of “Dancing with the Stars.” Advance tickets start at $225 or $150 at http://www.ballroombattle.com/ or 561-347-6799.
• “Party to the Max,” to benefit Hospice by the Sea, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday Aug. 19, Max’s Grille, 404 Plaza Real, Mizner Park. Tickets $25 include drink and appetizers, www.hpbcf.org or 561-416-5037.
• “Light Up the Night,” to benefit Junior Achievement of South Florida, 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday Aug. 20, Prime Cigar & Wine Bar, 2240 NW 19th St., drinks, food, cigar and silent auction. Tickets $35 advance/$50 at door or VIP $100 or $125 at www.jasouthflorida.org/lightupthenight or 954-979-7108.
• “Back to School Breakfast,” to benefit American Association of Caregiving Youth, 7:30 to 9 a.m. Thursday Aug. 21, Boca Raton Resort & Club, honoring former Mayor Susan Whelchel. Tickets $50 by Aug. 15, $60 afterward at: http://www.aacy.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=698 or 561-391-7401.
• “Laughs for Cats & Dogs” with comedy hypnosis by Glenn Miller, to benefit Tri County Animal Rescue, 6:30 reception, 7:30 p.m. show, Thursday Aug. 21, at The Shops at Boca Center, 1800 Military Trail. Tickets $30 one or $50 couple; $50 advance/$75 at door at https://tricountyanimalrescue.com/category/events/ or 561-482-8110.
> Discuss this entry