Closures surrounding I-595 project
The I-595 Express Improvements Project will facilitate the closure of the flyover ramp from southbound University Drive to eastbound I-595.
Construction crews plan to raise the flyover ramp by 18 inches to accommodate the construction of additional travel lanes. No cars will be permitted to travel under the structure during this work.
There will be numerous roadway closures from 11:30 p.m. Saturday, July 14 through 11:30 p.m. Sunday, July 15:
- The ramp from southbound University Drive to eastbound I-595.
- Northbound and southbound University Drive at I-595.
- Westbound State Road 84 from State Road 7 to Pine Island Road (no access to Florida's Turnpike).
- Westbound I-595 from University Drive to Pine Island Road.
- Eastbound I-595 on-ramps from Weston Road to University Drive.
- Florida’s Turnpike to westbound I-595 and westbound SR 84 will be closed.
- SR 7 to westbound I-595 and westbound SR 84 will be closed.
- Eastbound I-595 lanes will be detoured to eastbound SR 84 prior to University Drive for the 24-hour period.
- The flyover ramp from southbound University Drive to eastbound I-595 will remain closed for 120 days. All other movements will be open.
For more information on the project, visit http://www.i-595.com/index.asp.
-- Scott Fishman
Follow us on Facebook by clicking here!