Motorists traveling around Weston should be aware that the 2009 Run for Tomorrow will have numerous road closures and delays 6-10 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 13.
- Bonaventure Boulevard, from South Post Road to Royal Palm Boulevard (6–10 a.m.)
- Vista Park Boulevard (6:30-8 a.m.)
- Royal Palm Parkway and Glades Parkway from Bonaventure Boulevard to Park Road, will maintain one lane for traffic throughout the race.
- Bonaventure Boulevard between South Post Road and Griffin Road
Orange safety cones and signs will designate the lanes to be used for runners and vehicles.
The Broward Sheriff's Office will have deputies stationed at intersections to assist with traffic flow, but motorists should expect delays.
All impacted intersections (homeowner community impacted shown in parentheses)
- Vista Park Boulevard and Grove Lane (Courtyard at the Grove)
- Vista Park Boulevard and Bonaventure Blvd
- Bonaventure Boulevard and West Ridge Drive/Orchard Road (The Ridges & Courtyard at the Grove)
- Bonaventure Boulevard and South Post Road
- Bonaventure Boulevard and Royal Palm Boulevard
- Royal Palm and Town Center Boulevard/Weston Hills Boulevard (Weston Hills Country Club)
- Royal Palm and Island Way (The Islands)
- Royal Palm and Weston Hills Drive/Bayside Drive (WHCC/Orchid Island)
- Royal Palm/Glades Parkway and Saddle Club Road
- Glades Parkway and Landings Boulevard (The Landings)
- Glades Parkway and Savanna Drive/Meadows Drive (The Meadows & Savanna)
- Glades Parkway and Park Road
Residents in Isles of Weston are asked to go out Manatee Isles Drive to South Post Road to access locations in Weston or go west out to U.S. 27.
Residents in Courtyard at the Grove residing in the western portion of the neighborhood will have to go west on Vista Park Boulevard out to Manatee Isles Drive between 6:30 and 8 a.m.
The Run For Tomorrow is the Rotary Holiday Run featuring a 5K run, half marathon and 1.5-mile walk starting and ending at Cypress Bay High School, 18600 Vista Park Blvd.
For more information, visit www.runfortomorrow.com.
> Discuss this entry