South Florida Sun-Sentinel
fpg blog nav

« Tequesta Middle hosting environmental outreach event | Main | Road closures for run Dec. 13 »

Young artist with Down syndrome hosts first exhibition Saturday in Weston

danielaJCanoEXHIBIT_jpeg.jpg

The work of Daniela Jahn Cano, a 24-year-old artist with Down syndrome, will be unveiled during a reception at 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 5 at the Art Institute of Weston, 2900 Glades Circle, Suite 160.

The free exhibit highlights more than 80 of her works.

The exhibit, called "I am a Down Syndrome Artist," will remain on display throughout the month. It is the first exhibit for the Venezuelan woman, who has been expressing herself through art since she was a girl.

She is the granddaughter of internationally known artist Conchita Firgau, the owner of the Art Institute of Weston. She spends her summers with Firgau in Weston, where she has developed as an artist.

For more information on the Art Institute of Weston or this exhibit, call 954-659-9050 or visit www.artinstitute.info

POSTED IN: None

Discuss this entry

Comments

I would be interested in purchasing one of Daniela's paintings, if you would be so kind as to direct me to where I could do that.

Hi Alecia,

I don't have a direct contact of the artist. I would check with the Art Institute of Weston at 954-659-9050 or visit www.artinstitute.info

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)

Verification (needed to reduce spam):

About the Reporter

SCOTT FISHMANSCOTT FISHMAN
Scott Fishman has covered Davie and Weston since August 2008. Born ...

More

Latest news

City by City

Find your city page for more news, photos and resources:

Categories