Mother’s Day is right around the corner. Still struggling to come up with a perfect present for mom? Here’s a list of some great last minute Mother’s Day gift ideas that won’t break the bank:
1. Calories don’t count on Mother’s Day: Bake mom a cake or buy her favorite dessert for her to enjoy on Sunday. Kids and dads can decorate desserts together for mom at local Winn-Dixie stores from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 12. Or pick up her favorite bottle of wine and the ingredients to her favorite cocktail and play bartender for the day.
2. Roses:Too late to schedule a delivery from a florist? Check out the fresh bouquets at your nearby grocery store. Bouquets start in the $16-$20 range.
3. A picture’s worth a thousand words: Shoppers can order one-hour photos online at most CVS Pharmacy and Walgreens stores. Upload a cute photo of you and your mom and pick it up on the way home. Might as well grab a photo frame while you’re there.
4. Breakfast in Bed: Dads and kids can stock up on breakfast goodies at the grocery store and give mom a delicious, homemade meal right in bed.
5. Mom mini makeover: Pamper your mom with do-it-yourself lotions and scrubs you made at home. Need some inspiration? Check out this list of DIY home spa ideas.
6. Digital downloads: Pick up a flash drive for under $30, and fill it with some of her favorite tunes and e-books. It’s the gift that keeps giving since she can enjoy the playlists and books on all her electronic devices again at a later time.
7. Gift cards: Can’t decide? Get her a gift card to her favorite store or restaurant. Pick them up on site or at a Walgreens, CVS, Target, Walmart or even some gas stations, which keep a variety of rechargable gift cards on hand. Click here for a run down on what you need to know before you purchase a gift card.