It's Hot Outside: Making a Few Energy Changes Inside Can Save $250
The five biggest energy users for Floridians are the air conditioner, water heater, pool pump, lighting, and clothes dryer. You can save more than $250 a year with these energy reducing tips From FP&L:
• You can cut your hot water usage by replacing old showerheads with water-efficient models. This swap could save you up to $80 a year on energy costs.
• Try reducing your water heater temperature by 20 degrees.
Lowering from 140 degrees to 120 degrees can save you about $60 a year.
• Be sure to turn off the fan when leaving a room.
Stopping one ceiling fan from running all the time could save you about $85 annually on energy costs.
• When using your washing machine, use cold water instead of hot.
It could save you about $40 a year.
• Upgrade to an Energy Star-rated computer and monitor.
This energy saver can keep about $20 a year in your pocket.
For More Information go to: http://www.fpl.com/savingstips